Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. can help you with a wide range of legal issues. Our areas of expertise are listed below.
From whom better to receive entertainment advice than an attorney who has a presence and experience in the media and entertainment field herself. Chicago attorney, Corri Fetman, has extensive knowledge of the sports and entertainment industry. When clients need someone who knows the pitfalls and dangers the entertainment industry presents, they count on Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd.
The intricacies of family law can be complicated and all-encompassing. Corri Fetman has the advantage of years of experience practicing in the area of family law. Since the primary focus of the firm is on family law, Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. has developed an extensive knowledge in such family law matters as business valuation issues, custody, support, litigation, employment, finance and tax issues. Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. uses this knowledge and understanding to protect the interests of their celebrity clients. It takes experience and expertise to untangle the complex matters of divorce, and when dealing with the hyper sensitive issues of a celebrity divorce, the complications that arise can escalate even further than the average divorce. Now, not only does the celebrity divorce attorney have to specialize in family law, but the attorney must have a thorough, emotional understanding of handling atypical personal issues such as media coverage, high-profile privacy, high-conflict and high-asset distribution. Rest assured, Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. has a thorough understanding of how to handle these issues. The lawyers at Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. practice exclusively in the area of family law providing years of experience in divorce, division of marital property, custody, interstate custody disputes, visitation, parental rights, support, high-asset marital dissolution, business valuation, post judgment modification or orders, alimony maintenance, pre-civil union agreements and pre/post nuptial/marital agreements.
Privacy and Discretion Are Respected:
Being a celebrity or high profile individual, whether in the music business, sports, television, or movie industry means dealing with a multitude of different people and entities that may not always have the celebrity’s best interests in mind. When a celebrity is involved in a legal dispute, there is potential for a public relations disaster that can derail a career. Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. recognizes that your personal life needs to be protected and takes measures to ensure such protection and the utmost privacy and discretion.
When searching for a celebrity divorce attorney, it is crucial to consider an attorney who you can trust and who has the necessary experience to represent your best interests. That is why doing your own research and interviewing different local attorneys is the most important thing you can do. Privacy and client confidentiality are critical to maintain, so finding an attorney with experience in handling these kinds of acute circumstances should be deemed of utmost importance.
Corri Fetman & Associates, Ltd. Can Prepare Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Pre-Civil Union Agreements For Clientele:
A prenuptial agreement, or a pre-civil union agreement is a contract you and your future spouse (partner) enter into prior to your marriage (civil union). The information contained in a prenuptial agreement varies from couple to couple, but commonly includes provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of divorce.
Here are reasons why every couple, whether a celebrity or not, should consider a prenuptial agreement before getting married or a pre-civil union agreement before entering into a civil union:
- A prenuptial agreement may save you money, especially if you have become substantially wealthier since entering into the marriage.
- You may save money on legal fees down the road. While you might be forced to spend money now in order to have an attorney assist you in the drafting of your prenuptial agreement, those legal fees may pale in comparison to the fees incurred in a potential court battle.
- You may be able to stay out of Court, and you don’t really want to go to Court, do you?
- You will have the chance to establish ground rules for sorting out otherwise complex issues between you and your future spouse, such as the value of a business or how to divide assets and estate planning issues.
- The discussion surrounding the prenuptial agreement may actually strengthen your relationship. You and your future spouse will develop respect for each other by discussing issues about finances, etc … which can help you develop good communication skills together right from the start.
- You will get to decide for yourself what will be yours in the event of a divorce and how to protect what you are bringing into the relationship. When Judges and Lawyers decide for you, it seems like the Forrest Gump theory to life…It will be like a box of chocolates…you never know what you are going to get.